Using the latest and most effective interactive techniques, MWS’ Intensive Medical Interpreter Training stands out from other similar courses in its ability to sound down necessary knowledge and build professional skills and decision-making abilities. Students learn and practice the most effective models for the interpreting process, advanced ethical decision making, memory and note taking, medical terminology, cross-cultural interpreting, and navigation of the US health care system.
This program is non-language specific and is open to all serious bilingual students. Each class is facilitated by experienced instructors, specialized in the skills and knowledge they teach.
- At least 18 years-old
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must demonstrate proficiency in English and another language by one of the following:
- 5 years of verified professional experience in the language
- High school diploma, degree, or equivalent from country where the language is spoken
- A validated third-party language assessment (contact us for details)