Professional development is more than just an ethical obligation for professional interpreters and translators; it is required to maintain certification. Most MasterWord Institute programs provide Continuing Educations Units (or points) from organizations such as ATA, RID, IMIA, and so on. CMEs and health care related units for MasterWord trainings are available to hospital systems who apply through their own coordinators.

If you are a Texas court interpreter with a state certification for court or sign language, MasterWord has course scheduled right now to help you meet your hour requirement. Click here for upcoming trainings.

What professional development is required for nationally certified interpreters?

Notice the following links to various national certification maintenance program requirements:


Health Care

CCHI – Certification Commission for Healthcare Interpreters – CHI

NBCMI (IMIA) – National Board of Certification for Medical Interpreters – CMI

Generalist (Sign Language)

RID (NAD/RID) – Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf- Many Certifications