Connect to professional, industry trained interpreters in over 250 languages. This fast and simple to use interpreting service connects you to professional interpreters 24 hours a day, 7 days a week within seconds. Communicate freely and effectively, as you would in English anytime.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
With our over-the-phone interpreting service, you will be assigned a unique client code upon opening an account with MasterWord. Then, you simply call our telephone interpreting line, enter your client code and select the language you need from our menu or choose to connect with an operator to further assist you. We offer scheduled calls and on-demand calls, connecting you with the appropriate telephonic interpreter within moments.
To reach our telephone interpreters, no specific equipment is required. Over-the-phone interpreting works from any modern touch-tone phone. Once your account is created, all you do is 3 simple steps:
- Dial our toll-free telephone interpreting line: (855)726-1607
- Enter your unique client ID or press 0 (zero) to connect to an operator
- Select the language you need to be transferred to your interpreter.
We offer the most competitive pricing in the industry. Call us for details at (866)716-4999 or email us at email@example.com.
OPI interpreters work just like our in-person interpreters. They go through the same background checks, same confidentiality agreements, and same on-boarding process as our other language professionals. Additionally, they are tested for voice quality, phone etiquette and other important characteristics needed to interpret over-the-phone. This allows them to listen carefully to you or the non-English speaker and accurately convey the message in a language that you understand without having to be present.
At a minimum, OPI interpreters need to demonstrate:
- Proficiency and extensive knowledge of both languages and cultures
- Great listening skills
- Excellent memory, note taking, ability to articulate easily in multiple languages.
Yes, MasterWord offers over-the-phone interpreting services all year long, including holidays, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Speak in first person as you would if your were not using an interpreter. Use a clear tone with a consistent and natural pace.
- Be sure to introduce the interpreter and their role to the non-English speaker.
- Remember everything you say will be interpreted. So be mindful of side comments or conversations.
- Please pause between long sentences, this will allow the interpreter to capture all of your message.
- There will be pauses while the interpreter is converting the message. Stay focused and be ready to continue when the interpreter completes his/her interpretation.
- At times, an interpreter may need to request clarification, as the other language may not have an equivalent terminology or concept.
- You are in control of the conversation at all times. The role of the telephonic interpreter is only to interpret. They cannot give you any opinions or suggestions.
- You are welcome to ask the interpreter & the non-English speaking client questions to ensure your message was accurately understood.
Please visit our Resources page, for a variety of tools to help you communicate with the non-English speaker while you locate an interpreter. If you have the non-English person in front of you, use our Language ID brochure and have them point to the proper language and then use the over-the-phone interpreting service. If not, once you call our toll-free number, press 0 for an operator to assist with the language selection for the call.