Language Support for the
at every stage of the energy supply chain.
Multilingual Communication Plays an Increasing Role in the Expanding Energy Market
Recent technological innovations and the pressures of keeping up with a newly sustainable environment have accelerated productivity in the energy sector. Furthermore, the emergence of alternative energy resources has globalized the energy sector in a big way.
As the industry expands, so does the need to communicate effectively in additional languages. Language services play an increasingly important role in this high-stake market, with more and more critical activities requiring qualified language support: R&D, regulatory permitting, staff training, work force safety, design & engineering, marketing & public relations. Every aspect of any international project in a non-English speaking territory is affected by the experience, quality and reliability of its linguistic resources.
Language Support for the Energy Supply Chain
The energy sector requires multilingual support for exploration and initial production activities, including translation of:
- Seismic surveys
- Geological & geophysical studies
- Reservoir engineering studies
- Drilling reports
- Well reports
- Environmental studies
- Feasibility & sustainability studies
- Permitting & regulatory compliance documentation
- Pre FEED & FEED plans and documentation
- Field development planning documentation
- Production wells design & development documentation
- Production facilities engineering, design & construction documentation
- Field maintenance documentation
- Export route design & development documentation
- Other EPC documentation
Activities related to processing, storage and transportation of commodities, such as crude oil, natural gas, NGLs, etc. require translation services. This includes:
- Process descriptions
- Production documents
- Pipeline engineering and pipeline transportation documentation
- Rail and marine transportation documentation
- Processing, treating and fractionation procedures and manuals
- Hydrocarbon and hydrocarbon product storage descriptions and specifications
- Product terminalling and transloading specifications
- Environmental compliance documentation
- Regulatory & legal compliance documentation
- Asset management documentation & specifications
- Contract management documentation
- Estimating & scheduling documentation
- Financial & operating documentation
Activities related to refining, marketing, distribution and sales of consumable products also require translation services. The following fall under this category:
- Service manuals
- Technical passports
- Training handbooks
- Technical specifications
- Product data sheets
- Material safety data sheets
- Contracting & purchasing documentation
- Permitting & licensing documentation
- Export/import documentation
- Product catalogues
- Sales brochures
- Marketing collaterals
- Promotional information
- Website localization
Our Expertise in the Energy Sector
MasterWord has extensive experience in providing comprehensive language support to organizations in many sub-sectors of the energy industry. These include fossil energy like oil, petroleum and natural gas, renewable and clean energy such as solar and wind, as well as nuclear and secondary energy. In 25+ years, we have acquired in-depth expertise in multiple technical and business disciplines within the energy industry, namely:
Our Language Offerings for the Energy Sector
Translation needs vary greatly. Our commitment is to meet them by adapting our human resources, production processes & language technology capabilities. As your strategic business partner, MasterWord will help you effectively address a wide range of translation and multilingual communication challenges to leverage and enhance your international communication and business initiatives.
Prioritizing Scope, Time and Cost
When it comes to translation, how you prioritize the triple constraint of scope, time and cost affects the quality and impacts the outcomes
Translation for international communications often needs to be executed very quickly. Our team works with you to understand your content, define your purpose and quality requirements, and balance them with your timeline expectations in a realistic way.
A translation challenge that requires a very quick turnaround on a million words a day of low-profile content into five languages is different from a translation of a highly technical manual essential for operation and maintenance of complex machinery or a critical medical device. Our processes assure your success, regardless of the project scale.
The cost of translation is one of the key drivers for any enterprise considering international initiatives. You can rely on our 25+ year expertise in the language industry to provide you with a clear, experienced perspective on the available options allowing you to prioritize your time frame, cost and quality requirements.
From critical executive communications to key stakeholders and investors, to raw machine translation (MT) output that is sufficient for high level understanding of low-profile content, we can adjust our production processes to deliver the required quality levels to fit your purpose and ensure your global communication strategies are successful in achieving your core business mission.
Start Localizing you Content Today!
MasterWord has been supporting international projects in the energy sector in many locations around the globe since 1993. Here is a comprehensive list of our work:
- A dedicated onsite team of 35 linguists in Nizhnekamsk, Russia
- 60 linguists in Houston, TX
- A dedicated offsite team of 900+ linguists in different time zones