The Project Manager is responsible for coordination, scheduling, and completion of translation & localization projects of MasterWord’s clients, including many Fortune 500 Companies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
General duties include without limitation:
- Organizing and coordinating translation projects
- Exercising excellence in customer service
- Participates in resolving problems across various functions and processes and meets deadlines
- Works closely with other key teams/team members such as business development, production, DTP, QC/QA, accounting, etc.
- Performs all work in accordance with the relevant procedures
- Plans each project schedule and necessary resources to meet customer deadlines
- Allocates and confirms project resource availability
- Tracks the project schedule status to ensure that project deadlines are met
- Ensures proper QC/QA of the project
- Communicates with the client regarding project status and any project related issues (ex. questions from translators, etc.)
- Prepares project reports for management, clients, or others
- Improves on a continuous basis, professional skills and industry knowledge
- Performs any other duties delegated by the Department Manager, Operations Manager and the President
- Provides scheduled after-hours on call support
- Fluency in spoken and written English language
- Fluency in a second language (spoken and written) is a plus
- Proficiency in and familiarity with Translation Memory tools
- Excellent proficiency in general computer applications including MS Office programs is a must
- Working knowledge of major graphic design and publishing applications (Illustrator, Photoshop, Page Maker, QuarkXpress, AutoCAD, etc.) is a plus
- Good knowledge of Internet related applications, database driven websites, etc.
- Experience with Machine Translation is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Being detail oriented and proactive
- Ability to work independently and multi-task
- Good problem-solving ability
- Excellent ability to listen
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Creativity and resourcefulness
- Ability to be a team player and lead when necessary
- Linguistic background is a plus
- Must be willing to work occasional extensive hours to meet client project requirements and provide after-hours on call support when required
MasterWord truly appreciates and recognizes the abilities each employee brings to the organization, and we foster a work environment of mutual respect where employees are valued for their contributions. Our commitment to our employees’ success is enhanced by our competitive salary and extensive benefits package including: paid time off, medical, dental, and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. We offer a casual and relaxed, yet professional environment where people can learn and grow with the company.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The aforementioned requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send a copy of your updated resume to email@example.com with “Project Manager, Translation & Localization Services” in the subject line or apply through LinkedIn.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org