The International Language Services Conference
is now accepting presentation proposals for the 2016 Conference
taking place on Friday, October 14 in Houston, Texas.
All submissions must be received by Friday, May 13th, 2016.
The 5th annual International Language Services Conference will explore a 360° view of the interpreting encounter from start to finish, unifying all stakeholders in the process from the LEP patient to the hospital administrators, interpreter certifying organizations and educators, and compliance officials. The aim of this year’s conference is to address unique challenges and obstacles faced by each stakeholder and enhance collaboration and decision-making across and between stakeholder groups in order to better serve LEP patients.
Each presenter will have 40 minutes to present. The topics for which we are accepting presentation proposals include:
and Training of Interpreters
If you are an interpreter, consider the following questions for your proposal:
If you work with in Standards, Certification, or Training of interpreters, please consider the following:
- What are the methods of entry into practice?
- What are the barriers to entry?
- Have standards of practice changed? If so, how are they being disseminated and how are they being put into practice?
- What are the top three (3) challenges interpreters are facing in today’s market?
- How many standards/certifications exist for the language industry?
- How can we as practitioners become more articulate when describing the importance of standards and certifications?
- How can practitioners influence the components of the standards/certifications?
- How are interpreters and translators trained?
- How can practitioners encourage the adoption of standards/certifications?
- What are the biggest challenges faced in interpreter training?
Please submit your proposal by completing the following form: