BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform headquartered in San Francisco. Their mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Localization is crucial to achieving this goal.
“For us, localization is both an enabler and a differentiator,” said Ella Pętlicka, Localization Program Manager at BetterUp. “It allows us to offer full support to our international members. It also gives us a strong competitive advantage as we are the only company that offers one-to-one, personalized coaching at scale in 30 languages across 62 countries. And we are not planning to stop there!”
Providing global customers with access to mobile coaching platform
In 2019 BetterUp has partnered with Mars, Incorporated to help accelerate employee growth through BetterUp’s personalized coaching services.
As Mars grew to 115,000 Associates in 80 countries, its increasingly global, dispersed workforce meant some Associates had limited access to classroom learning and development opportunities. Given the global nature of Mars’ business, BetterUp’s coaching platform needed to be localized and delivered in seven languages, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, and Simplified Chinese.
BetterUp partners with MasterWord for localization services
We have developed a comprehensive program to address the needs of BetterUp, including:
- Localization Engineering support across multiple platforms;
- Localization of different types of content assets including product UI, articles, videos, and podcasts into all target languages;
- Localization Strategy Consulting (process methodologies and assets management);
- Linguistic and Functional Testing;
- Cultural Adaptation for specialized content such as psychological assessments and reports;
- Recruitment and management of highly specialized SMEs; and
- Transcription and Captioning for multimedia content.
As a result of this ongoing effort, MasterWord has delivered value beyond just a one-time engagement, resulting into:
- Increased efficiency in localization processes and centralized assets leading to faster time-to-market; reduced overall cost and greater overall quality of content;
- Implementation of automated and repeatable processes allow for KPI’s to measure success of the partnership;
- End-to-end support that helped streamline content creation cycle and allowed the BetterUp teams to focus on delivering greater ROI to their customers, while relying on virtual staff expansion with resources from MasterWord.
By integrating multilingual BetterUp platform into their current GLMe learning and development program, Mars continues to transform its leadership development experience into a best-in-class program committed to the sustainable development of its people leaders.
Our engagement at BetterUp has helped many global brands, like Mars, Inc., maintain their relevance and uphold outstanding customer experience in their target geographies.
For Additional information about our BetterUp localization program, please refer to this Slator article.
“That article, and my job overall would not be possible without the amazing job that you, your team and the linguists are doing every day, so I really wanted to thank you all for being such a great partner to us!”
Testimony by Ella Pętlicka, Localization Program Manager at BetterUp