Location: Houston Corporate offices
Develop, write, and edit material for reports, manuals, briefs, proposals, instruction books, and related technical and administrative publications as instructed by the Director of Operations. Technical Writer will be responsible for researching open bids and reviewing to determine if company meets the requirements to bid. Technical Writer will be responsible for organizing the bid process, organizing templates as well as writing a bid ready for submission. Must be able to research and determine eligibility on bids issued on the GSA schedule and once eligibility has been confirmed, write a bid that is ready for submittal with little to no corrections/changes needed by the Director of Operations.
Become knowledgeable in each department and familiar with the services provided through the departments to be comfortable writing a quote, publication, or a proposal for a government agency. Maintain a schedule that allows for work to be completed with accuracy and excellence in quality. Maintain records and files of work and/or revisions from previous submittals. Have the ability to research and deliver information to management for their upcoming meetings. Research may be industry specific, company specific, or cultural. Information necessary will change from client to client but will be documented and electronically archived for future use.
Technical Writer will maintain their records and files of work and revisions. Responsible for editing, standardizing, and making changes to material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel. Technical Writer may also be required to write speeches, articles, and public or employee relations releases.
Eligible candidates must be local to the Houston area, and must be eligible to work in the United States. There will be no relocation reimbursements or visa sponsorships available.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Knowledge, experience and proficiency in writing bid proposals and quotes.
- Research ability to find and determine if company is eligible to respond to open bids.
- Have ability to research government bids, primarily on GSA schedule to determine companies eligibility to respond
- Fully understands the significance of his/her work product, and does his/her utmost to produce accurate and precise proposals, bids, documents, and publications that are of the highest quality and delivered on time.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills applied in word processing, various graphics software applications, and publication programs.
- Manages his/her tasks in an organized way to ensure smooth flow of work deadlines.
- Coordinates his/her work with team members to gather additional information or statistics needed for a proposal.
- Ensures compliance with all Company policies and procedures, including, but not limited to:
- Code of Ethics
- Health, Safety & Environmental
- Works closely with other key teams/team members/management to maintain schedule, knowledge and excellence in quality.
- Performs all work in accordance with the relevant procedure and set policy.
- Plans each bid response to meet submittal deadlines.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Fluent in a 2nd language preferred but not required
- Excellent research skills
- Extensive experience of writing proposals and bids but also other business documents, and producing finished work for publication/production and/or submittal.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role required
- Excellent organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- High proficiency in general computer applications including MS Office, Word Perfect
- Working knowledge of major graphic design and publishing applications (Illustrator, Photoshop, Page Maker, QuarkXpress, AutoCAD, etc.)
- Good knowledge of Internet related applications, html, database driven websites, etc.
- Must be willing to work extensive hours to meet submission requirements and provide after-hours on call support when required.
- Knowledge of the language services industry is a plus
- Higher education qualification with a Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Writing, or a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, (coursework involving technical writing, communication ethics and some creative writing, a plus).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The aforementioned requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you are interested in joining our team please send a copy of your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the corresponding Job Title in the subject line.