In this role, you will be responsible for organizing the bid process, organizing proposal templates as well as writing bid responses and managing contract process by performing the following duties:
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates and monitors contract performance to determine necessity for amendments or extensions of contracts, and compliance to contractual obligations.
- Analyzes contracts and confers with various service team heads to detect ambiguities, inaccurate statements, omissions of essential terms, and conflicts with possible legal prohibitions.
- Recommends contract modifications.
- Converts agreements into contract form or prepares amended agreement for approval
- Initiates and negotiates changes in standard form contracts
- Ensures the company meets eligibility requirements and has the ability to perform services in full compliance with client’s specifications as spelled out in the RFP, when responding to an RFP issued by various government and private agencies.
- Works closely with several service team and representatives of service team, such as operations, sales and contract administration.
- Monitors proposals previously submitted for win/loss ratio of submissions.
- Develops presentations which will field or respond to any requests for information for the company’s sales team.
- Responsible for monitoring procurement websites as well as the GSA schedule for open tenders and have the ability to prioritize which RFPs are most beneficial for the company if there are multiple open tenders with competing deadline dates.
- Maintains a schedule that allows for work to be completed with accuracy and excellence in quality.
- Maintains records and files of work and/or revisions from previous submittals. Has the ability to research and deliver information to management for their upcoming meetings.
- Research may be industry specific, company specific, or demographic. Information necessary for bid responses will change from client to client but will be documented and electronically archived for future use.
- Responsible for editing, standardizing, and making changes to materials prepared by other writers or company personnel. Proposal Writer may also be required to write speeches, articles, and public or employee relations releases.
- Performs work while ensuring compliance with all company policies and procedures, including, but not limited to:
- Code of Ethics
- Health, Safety & Environmental
- Plans each bid response to meet submittal requirements and deadlines.
- Manages his/her tasks in an organized way to ensure smooth flow of work deadlines.
- Coordinates his/her work with team members to gather additional information or statistics needed for a proposal.
- Works closely with other key teams/team members/management to maintain schedule, knowledge and excellence in quality.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum requirements include a bachelor’s degree in English, linguistics, business communications, journalism or marketing.
- A minimum of 2 – 4 years of experience in a similar role.
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Fluency in a 2nd language preferred
- Excellent research skills and organizational skills
- Extensive experience in writing proposals and bids as well as other business documents, procedures, protocols, and producing finished work for presentation and/or submittal
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Detail oriented
- Ability to translate complicated ideas into language easily understood by others
- High proficiency in general computer applications including MS Office, Adobe Acrobat Pro, basic graphics applications
- Good knowledge of Internet related applications, html, database driven websites, etc.
- Must be willing to work extensive hours to meet submission requirements and provide after-hours support when required to ensure submission deadlines
- Knowledge of the language services industry is a plus
- Experience and knowledge to evaluate a Request for Proposal (RFP) or a Request for Information (RFI) to determine the company’s capability to deliver needed services.
MasterWord truly appreciates and recognize the abilities each employee brings to the organization, and we foster a work environment of mutual respect where employees are valued for their contributions. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary and extensive benefits package including: paid time off, medical, dental, and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. We offer a casual and relaxed, yet professional environment where people can learn and grow with the company.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The aforementioned requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you are interested in joining our team please send a copy of your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Proposal Writer and Contract Administrator in the subject line.