Reporting to: Manager, Translation Division
Location: Houston, Texas
- Responsible for coordination, scheduling, and completion of client projects.
- Ensures total client satisfaction on output quality and project completion schedules.
- Participates in resolving problems across various functions and processes, meets deadline and maintains profit margin per work order.
- Works closely with other key teams/team members such as business development, production, DTP, QC/QA, accounting, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs all work in accordance with the relevant procedure.
- Plans each project schedule and necessary resources to meet customer deadlines.
- Allocates and confirms project resource availability.
- Negotiates rates with translators and other contractors/vendors to ensure project completion within budget.
- Ensures gross margin targets are maintained on each project.
- Tracks the project schedule status to ensure that project deadlines are met.
- Implements Translation Memory and any other new technology.
- Escalates potential problems with completion of project tasks to the Department Manager.
- Responsible for QC/QA of the project.
- Communicates with the client regarding project status and any project related issues (ex. questions from translators, etc.).
- Filters queries from translators and distributes to the relevant individuals.
- Reviews incoming vendor invoices and other job related expenses to assure accuracy.
- Closes jobs in the database for accounting and archives files, while ensuring the utmost accuracy.
- Prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
- Assists in training new project coordinators.
- Improves on a continuous basis, professional skills and industry knowledge.
- Any other duties delegated by the Operations Manager and the President.
- Some after-hours on call support.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Fluency in spoken and written English language
- Fluency in a second language (spoken and written)
- Excellent communication and phone skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Able to multi-task
- Good problem solving ability
- Excellent ability to listen
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Creative and resourceful
- High proficiency in general computer applications including MS Office, Word Perfect
- Knowledge of major graphic design and publishing applications (Illustrator, Photoshop, Page Maker, QuarkXpress, AutoCAD, etc.)
- Good knowledge of Internet related applications, html, database driven websites, etc.
- Working knowledge and ability to work with major Translation Memory programs
- Must be willing to work extensive hours to meet client project requirements and provide after-hours on call support when required
- Higher education qualification in Business Administration or related field, and/or Linguistics or related field.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience
ONLY LOCAL (HOUSTON, TX) CANDIDATES FLUENT IN AT LEAST TWO LANGUAGES WILL BE CONSIDERED.
PLEASE APPLY AT RESUMES@masterword.com WITH A COPY OF YOUR CURRENT RESUME. YOUR SUBJECT LINE SHOULD READ: APPLICATION FOR PC – TRANSLATION