In this role, you will act as a liaison between MWS’ interpreters and customers. You will manage the client projects, address and resolve any client requests and ensure an excellent client experience by coordinating, scheduling and ensuring completion of client projects.
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone with project management/coordination experience and a strong customer service mentality.
Schedule: Works in the office from 2:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. at our office and the remainder of the shift will be completed remotely, via telecommuting. Schedule may vary based on business.
- Organizes and coordinates interpreting projects
- Plans each project by scheduling the necessary resources to meet customer needs and deadlines
- Allocates and confirms project resource availability.
- Negotiates rates with Language Specialist to ensure project completion within budget.
- Ensure quality control and quality assurance standards are met on each project.
- Communicate with the client on the status of the project and any project related issues
- Reviews project documents and invoices to ensure accuracy
- Participates in resolving problems across various functions and processes, meets deadlines and maintains profit margins on work order.
- Works closely with other departments
- Ensure total client satisfaction on output quality and project completion schedules
- Performs on-call support as needed or assigned
- Advance degree in Business Administration, Linguistics or Project Management and a minimum of two years related experience managing/coordinating projects
- Excellent organization, phone and customer service skills
- Must be detailed oriented, proactive, able to multi-task, problem solve, work independently, multi-task and communicate effectively
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, negotiation skills, and be creating and resourceful.
- Must be willing to work occasional extensive hours to meet client project requirements and provide after-hours on call support on a scheduled rotating basis
- Fluency in a second language (spoken and written) is required
MasterWord truly appreciates and recognize the abilities each employee brings to the organization, and we foster a work environment of mutual respect where employees are valued for their contributions. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary and extensive benefits package including: paid time off, medical, dental, and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. We offer a casual and relaxed, yet professional environment where people can learn and grow with the company.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The aforementioned requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you are interested in joining our team please send a copy of your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Interpreting Services Project Coordinator, Evening Shift in the subject line.