What is the role of an on-site interpreter? Also referred to as a face-to face, or in-person interpreter.
MasterWord’s on-site interpreters are physically present in the interpretation encounter. We work in many settings, such as hospitals, schools, and other settings through the US, and worldwide. Our client requests vary, as will the work you are involved in. You will need reliable transportation as your jobs will require physical presence at various locations throughout the day. As a freelancer you are in charge of your availability and ultimately decide whether you take a job or not. We operate 24/7, during the holidays and weekends and we actively seek talent with a flexible schedule and ready to help those in need.
What is required to work for MasterWord?
- Intimate familiarity with both cultures is necessary,
- Our talent must be able to express thoughts clearly & concisely in BOTH languages,
- Solid general education and extensive vocabulary in English and the additional languages spoken
- Pass background checks & drug screening
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Excellent ethics & customer service skills
- Legal, social work, medical experience is a great plus
- Sharp communication, listening, speaking skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The aforementioned requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you are interested in joining our team please send a copy of your updated resume to email@example.com with Assessment Coordinator, TAD in the subject line.