Full-time Russian / English Technical Translator / Interpreter based in Houston, TX
Position type: Full-time
MasterWord Services is currently hiring full time linguists in the Russian/English language pair as part of an in-house team servicing an EPCM project in the oil and gas industry based in Houston, Texas. The in-house Translation Team is responsible for translation and QA/QC of project documentation and interpretation to/from Russian/English of the highly technical content. Eligible candidates MUST currently reside in and be eligible to work within the United States, be fully bi-lingual (Russian/English) and must demonstrate proof of applicable education/experience in translation/interpretation industry. Experience in the specific technical subject matter (oil and gas, engineering, construction, regulatory) is a plus. The following positions are available:
- Responsible for translation of project documentation to/from Russian/English using mandatory project glossary
- Industry specific terminology
- Complying with all relevant project and company procedures and processes
- Must be equally fluent translating in both directions: English into Russian, Russian into English
- Must be able to work well in a team
- Display positive attitude and work ethic in a professional, suitable manner
- Applicable education/experience required
- MUST reside within and be eligible to work in the United States.
Dual function–Technical Interpreter/Translator:
- In addition to responsibilities of a technical translator, will be responsible from time to time for carrying out interpretation to/from Russian/English during meetings, conference calls, training sessions, etc.
- Must be able to work well in a team, display positive attitude and work ethic in a professional, suitable manner.
- Applicable education/experience required.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Applicable linguistic education and experience
- Additional technical education/experience is a plus
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Russian languages
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills applied in word processing and various basic graphics software applications
- Ability to perform all work in accordance with relevant procedures
- Other skills required to efficiently perform particular tasks related to each position of the onsite language support team (i.e. extensive experience of translating technical documents from English into Russian and vice versa, proficiency with translation memory software, proficiency in word processing and basic graphics software for translators; proficiency in consecutive interpretation to/from Russian/English for interpreters)
- Must comply with all applicable client and MWS attendance, productivity and discipline policies as well as dress code and code of conduct
Salary and relocation bonus: competitive, negotiable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The aforementioned requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you are interested in joining our team please send a copy of your updated resume to email@example.com with the corresponding Job Title in the subject line.