Reporting to: Manager, Translation Division
Location: Houston, Texas
A successful candidate will have profound knowledge and skills in both written and spoken Spanish and English languages and will perform the following functions:
- Responsible for coordination, scheduling, and completion of clients’ projects.
- Ensures total client satisfaction on output quality and project completion schedules.
- Participates in resolving problems across various functions and processes, meets deadline and maintains profit margin per work order.
- Works closely with other key teams/team members such as business development, production, DTP, QC/QA, accounting, etc.
- Afterhours and on call support.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs all work in accordance with the relevant procedure.
- Plans each project schedule and necessary resources to meet customer deadlines.
- Allocates and confirms project resource availability.
- Negotiates rates with translators and other contractors/vendors to ensure project completion within budget.
- Ensures gross margin targets are maintained on each project.
- Tracks the project schedule status to ensure that project deadlines are met.
- Implements Translation Memory and any other new technology.
- Escalates potential problems with completion of project tasks to the Department Manager.
- Responsible for QC/QA of the project.
- Communicates with the client regarding project status and any project related issues (ex. questions from translators, etc.).
- Filters queries from translators and distributes to the relevant individuals.
- Reviews incoming vendor invoices and other job related expenses to assure accuracy.
- Closes jobs in the database for accounting and archives files, while ensuring the utmost accuracy.
- Prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
- Assists in training new project coordinators.
- Improves on a continuous basis, professional skills and industry knowledge.
- Any other duties delegated by the Operations Manager and the President.
- Some after-hours on call support
Desired Skills and Experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Fluency in spoken and written English language
- Fluency in spoken and written Spanish language
- Excellent communication and phone skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Able to multi-task
- Good problem solving ability
- Excellent ability to listen
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Creative and resourceful
- Excellent proficiency in general computer applications including MS Office, Word Perfect
- Knowledge of major graphic design and publishing applications (Illustrator, Photoshop, Page Maker, QuarkXpress, AutoCAD, etc.)
- Good knowledge of Internet related applications, html, database driven websites, etc.
- Working knowledge and ability to work with major Translation Memory programs
- Must be willing to work extensive hours to meet client project requirements and provide after-hours on call support when required
- Higher education qualification in Business Administration or related field, and/or Linguistics or related field.
- A minimum of 2 years experience
Interested candidates please apply at email@example.com with a copy of your current resume with the corresponding job title in the subject line. Qualified candidates must be eligible to work in the United States. No Visa support is offered for this position.