Thank you for your interest in the
Language Professional Internship Program!
We are pleased to offer internship opportunities to aspiring interpreters and translators.
Our Language Professional internship opportunities are open to students who have been accepted, are currently enrolled, or have recently completed a college degree or specialized certificate program in a language related area of study.
What does the Language Professional Internship Program offer?
Language professionals enrolled in the Language Professional Internship Program at MasterWord receive:
- Training and job shadowing opportunities
- 90 days of field practice and on the job training (OJT)
This is a great opportunity to learn about the language industry from an insider’s point of view, gain some practical experience, and start building your professional network.
Is this a paid internship?
Depending on a candidate’s current enrollment status with the higher education institution, a participant of the Language Professional Internship Program at MasterWord may receive credits towards his/her degree/certificate completion (if a current student) or may be provided with paid opportunities (if a recent graduate).
What are the prerequisite requirements and qualifications?
To qualify for acceptance into the Language Professional Internship Program at MasterWord, a candidate must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- For paid internships, be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Be able to demonstrate proficiency in English and a target language through a validated language assessment performed by MasterWord prior to acceptance into the program or, if such assessment is not available in the target language, by one of the following:
- Five (5) years of verified professional experience in the target language
- High school diploma, degree, or equivalent from a country where the language is spoken
- Be currently pursuing, or have recently (within six (6) weeks of the start date) completed a degree or certificate program at a higher education institution in interpreting, translation, localization, or other language related areas of study. (Prospective students who have been accepted into one of the qualifying degree or certificate programs will also be considered provided the candidate meets all other requirements).
- Have genuine interest in pursuing a career in the language services industry upon graduation or program completion.
If you are passionate about becoming a Language Professional and believe that you meet the prequalification requirements, we invite you to begin your application process today.
Are you looking for other internship or career opportunities?
If you are looking for internship or career opportunities in other fields, such as Localization Project Management, Human Resources, Accounting, Information Technology, and other business areas, please check our Corporate Careers page.
If you are already an experienced interpreter, translator, or other related specialist, and would like to join MasterWord’s network of Language Professionals for independent contractor opportunities, please fill out the Language Professional application form to get started.